Do you want to make a website in Nigeria?
Whether you want to create a business website, personal website or any type of website, this tutorial will guide you to build your website from scratch very easily. You don’t have to be a technical person or write a single line of HTML code to design your website. All you need to do is to follow these simple to use steps we described in this guide and make a beautiful website for business or other purposes.
Once you can browse the internet with your computer, then you can comfortably create your website. (This course shows you how to make a website).
This Course is best suited for:
- Beginners interested in creating a website very quickly without writing any code.
- Business Owners who want to make a business website for their businesses online.
- Internet marketers.
- Affiliate program marketers.
What You Stand To Benefit When You Take EBook:
- Get Trained to Create A Beautiful Website Fast.
- Your Website Will Be Mobile Friendly (Very Responsive).
- We’ll Teach You How to Create a Website Logo For Free-of-Charge!
- Receive Fantastic Money-Off Coupon for Your Web Hosting From Our Partners!
- Free WordPress Installation to your domain.
- 100% Help for my students!
Our comprehensive guide is designed for anyone (whatever skill level). But should you need assistance, we can help you do a free website setup. Click the link below.
However, If you want to learn it yourself, then follow these quick steps to create a website.
3 QUICK STEPS IN THIS TUTORIAL
1. STEP 1- Select a website building platform.
2. STEP 2 – Choose your website address (www.)
3. STEP 3 – Design & customize your website.
STEP 1: SELECT THE BEST WEBSITE PLATFORM.
Gone are the days we sweat to write endless HTML tags (codes) to make a simple website. Nowadays, you can create a great, user-friendly and all-purpose website very quickly, with a simple content management system (CMS) platform like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc!
What is Content Management Systems (CMS)?
It is a user-friendly website design platform which allows anyone to create a website, a blog or any type of online content, without writing any HTML tags.
If you have used HTML before, you’ll agree with me that it is long and sometimes confusing to use, especially for a beginner. So, CMS such as WordPress “hides” all those HTML details from you and gives you a Graphical User Interface that is sweet to use; trust me.
As a Beginner, I advise you to use WordPress!
I recommend WordPress because it is the simplest Website Design Platform to use. I have used it and I’m still using it – It is FREE, Easy to customize, Flexible and great for any kind of website, be it a Business Website, Affiliate Marketing, Music & entertainment, and Blog for bloggers.
STEP 2: CHOOSE A DOMAIN & WEB HOSTING
Choosing your website address (www.) means to get a Domain and Web Hosting for your website! Simply put, you will need the following items:
- A domain name (your website address which is something like – yoursitename.com)
- Web hosting (an internet container where your website files are stored).
I told you initially that WordPress platform itself is free. But, you’ll have to pay for the domain name and hosting which cost about $5 a month. I’m sure that that amount is what you can afford. But you can get a Free Domain!
Where You Can Get a Free Domain:
They will give our users only, a free domain name and over 60% off on web hosting cost. I have used www.whogohost.com as a web hosting and domain registrar.
When you get a domain name and web hosting, you’ll also receive a professional email address on your domain: something like email@example.com. This makes you look business-like before your visitors and customers instead of using Gmail or Yahoo address.
At N400 per-month web hosting, Whogohost will give you a free domain for your website, plus some other important services free of charge in the first year. There’s also a Live Chat Support to assist you.
Whogohost is easily one of Nigeria’s biggest web hosting service provider. They have working partnerships with IBM, Interswitch, CloudFlare and many commercial banks. To make people see your blog on the internet live using their Smartphone, iPads and computers, you surely must buy a host. I recommend Whogohost to you.
How to Buy Web Hosting From Whogohost.
The following are the steps to follow to sign up for a perfect web hosting plan from Whogohost and go straight to create a blog. It is simple and you only need to follow the guides. Remember, you will get a Free Domain, and a .NG domain for that matter!
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Choose A Web Hosting Plan: Here, you should choose a web hosting plan that best fits your need. I want you to select the “Pro” plan to maximize your blogging business. See the benefits of going for the pro web hosting plan, in the picture below and thank me later.
Enter Your Domain Name: Here, you’ll Enter Your Domain Name. Your Domain name is the name you chose in step1 – that name that you want your website to answer. For example, my domain name is TechMatas. Click on Continue.
Configure your Selected Web Hosting Package: Choose whether you wish to be billed yearly charges, 2Years or 3Years, all with a FREE Domain. This is dependent on how much you have presently. Click on Continue.
Review & Checkout: Now, review your purchase and click on “CheckOut >”
Supply Your Payment Information: In this section, you will be asked to put in your payment information to complete your purchase. You can use PayPal, Payoneer MasterCard, Debit Card (Local ATM Card), and others. Please make sure you Review the Domain and Web Hosting package you just registered for. Click on Continue
Congratulation for successfully purchasing a web hosting plan from Whogohost. This web plan comes with a free domain; a .NG domain which is absolutely great for your Nigerian business brand now and in the near future..
Immediately afterwords, Whogohost will send an email to to you, notifying you of a successful purchase together with your Login credentials to your dashboard.
Other Excellent Web Hosting Services You Can Choose from:
Web Hosting in Nigeria | 9 Best Web Hosting for Your Blogs & Website in Nigeria.
Now that you have bought your web hosting plan with a free domain from Whogohost, would like to know How to Start A Professional Blog or Design a Professional Website? Do you know that you can set up your blog in 30 minutes from now? I want to show you.
STEP 3 – DESIGN & CUSTOMIZE YOUR WEBSITE.
As soon as you finish getting your domain name and web hosting, you’re almost there. What is left is for you to setup and customize your website!
The first thing you’ll need to do is install WordPress to your new domain.
- Install WordPress to New Domain
If you signed up with Whogohost, or any other great web hosting company we partner with, you should find your “1-click-installation” link, in your account control panel.
The following are the steps you should follow. (The steps are similar for any other great web hosting company we partner with):
- Log into your Whogohost Dashboard otherwise called cPanel.
- In the Software/Services section, select the particular app installer for WordPress, as per the email sent to you.
- Click WordPress, :
- Fill out WordPress configuration info
- Click Install Now button to complete the setup
Ensure that you selected the correct Domain (your new domain) you want to install WordPress in, make your site settings, put your Admin information, choose your preferred language, and select desired plugins and theme of your choice. Do these before you click on “Install Now” button.
Next step above you will see WordPress is installing. you have to wait for it to install. When its up to 100% above, you will see a congratulatory message informing you that WordPress has installed successfully to your domain.
You’ll Love To Read:
26 Important Things to Do Next After Installing WordPress For The First Time
Now you have to go to your WordPress admin dashboard login to view your WordPress dashboard and install some necessary stuffs. your admin dashboard login your should look like http://www.mydomian.com/wp-admin.
- Install & Activate a Theme/Template for your Website
The next step is to install a WordPress theme. As soon as you have login to your WP (WordPress) Admin Dashboard, go ahead and Install a Beautiful Blog Theme.
WordPress comes with some FREE themes which can be good for your niche. I encourage you to explore the WordPress theme gallery to find a good one for your blog. Here is the guide to Install WordPress theme.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard. You can login to your WordPress Dashboard by typing in: https://yoursite.com/wp-admin (replace “yoursite” with your domain).
- Select “Appearance”
- Click “Theme”> click “Add New”
- And select your preferred theme of choice.
As soon as you’ve successfully installed WordPress to your new domain, you’ll see a simple website template as below:
You can choose Premium theme (paid theme for extra performance). Promola is one of the best WordPress Themes that is appropriate for a Music Blog. and I very much recommend it for your Music Blog. It is sold for $52 on themeforest.
c. Create New Pages
Once your theme is installed, you are free to create pages on your Website. Let me take you through the basics of creating a page.
How to Add and Edit Pages
If you want to add “Webhosting” page, or a “Contact Us” page (like I have on my menu at the top of my website), here is what you’ll do:
- On the sidebar of your WordPress Dashboard, select “Pages” -> “Add New”.
- Clicking it opens a screen (which looks like what you’ve seen in Microsoft Word).
- Here you can add text, images and do other necessary formatting to build the page you want.
- Then click “Save” when you’re done.
How to Add Pages to the Menu Bar
If you want your new page to be on the navigation bar (Menu Bar), here is what to do:
- Save any changes you’ve made to the page by clicking “Update”
- Click “Appearance” -> “Menus” in the sidebar of the WordPress Dashboard.
- Locate the page(s) you created and add to the list by clicking the checkbox next to it.
- Then click “Add to Menu”.
How to Add Contents to Your Website
Once your theme is installed, you are free to create contents on your Website pages. Let me take you through the basics of creating contents on your web page.
Adding and editing posts
You can decide to have a blog inside your website. At this point, you will need to add “Posts” to your blog.
To group your blog posts properly, you’ll use categories. Let’s say you want to create a category named “Product News ”, all you need do is to add it to your menu and start making posts:
- Create a new category by going to “Posts -> Categories”
- Create a blog post by going to “Posts -> Add New”. Once you’ve finished writing your blog post, you need to add the right category for it.
Once you’ve created your category, simply add it to the menu, and you’re in business!
d. Website Customization and Lots More
Here, we can see some fundamental designs and changes you can make to your website so it can look more professional.
Changing Your Title and Tagline
Page titles explain to searchers, what your website is about, and they’re also a big part of how search engines determine your rankings, so you want to be sure they’ve got the keywords you want to target in them (but in a natural way, written for real people). You should use a unique title on every page of your site. For example, my site’s title is “How to Make a Website”.
Taglines are added at the end of titles across every page. My site’s tagline is “Step by Step Guide”. In order to change the title and tagline on your website, go to “Settings -> General” and fill in the form below:
How to Set-Up a Static Front Page
You can make your website front page static (home) and not look like a blog (showing all the new articles, one after another)! A static web page doesn’t change. Rather, it shows the same content every time someone comes to the site.
To set up a static front page:
- Go to “Settings -> Reading”
- Choose a static page that you have created (using the steps on how to create a new page above).
- Click “Save”
Note that if you refuse to do the above steps, WordPress will take your latest posts and start showing them on your Front /home page.
How to Edit the Website Sidebar
Every WordPress themes you’ll choose have a sidebar (either on the right or on the left side). I guess you won’t want to have either of them on your Home Page?
Now, should you want to remove it, or edit out items you do not need like “Categories”, “Meta” and “Archives”, which are usually pointless, here’s what to do:
- Go to “Appearance -> Widgets” in the WordPress Dashboard.
- From here, you can use drag and drop to add different “boxes” to your sidebar, or remove the items you don’t want.
e. Install Plugins to Add More Features to Your Website.
What is a plugin? Are additional tools (Free tools for that matter) that you install to improve the functionalities of your new website. With Plugins, you can do everything such as adding photo galleries, contact forms, creating an online store and so much more. There are over 49,000 of them and they are free.
Meanwhile, I have put together, a list of the most important plugins that every web designer will find useful:
- WPForms Lite – for creating web forms.
- Yoast SEO for WordPress: for search engine optimization so you can receive traffic.
- Google Analytics: For tracking your visitors/traffic and their behaviour.
- Envira Gallery Lite – Add beautiful image galleries to your WordPress site
- Soliloquy Lite – Display beautiful image sliders on your website
- Yoast SEO – Improve your WordPress SEO and get more traffic from Google
- WP Super Cache – Improves your website speed by serving cached pages
- Updraft Plus – Create automatic scheduled backups of your website
- Sucuri – Website security audit and malware scanner
To install any of them, here are my step by step guides to follow:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard >
- Select “Plugins” and click “Add New”.
- In the search box displayed, type in the name and search for any of these important plugins.
- Click “Install“
- On the activated plugin, click “Activate“.
How to Make Money with Your Website
Most people start a website to make money online. Personally, that is my motivation and I’m sure that that is why you have read upto this point; Lol.
There are many ways to monetize your website. One of the best is through affiliate marketing programs. Below is a list of ways to make money from your website:
- Affiliate Marketing programs such as Google Adsense, Media.net, propellerads etc.
- Information Marketing.
- Online Video tutorials.
- Commercial ads from private clients.
- Sponsored Posts.
- And Lots more.
Once you followed my step by step guide above to create your blog, I have some secrets I’ll tell you, about how to monetize your blog. Hit me up at my contact me page and I will send my secret methods to making money with my blog.
Finally, you are good to go! Go ahead and check out your new website on any browser such as Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc…
If you actually followed our simple step by step guide here, you will see a beautiful and functional Website! How is your website looking?
Creating a Website with WordPress is simple. WordPress itself is so customizated and you can do much more with it.
Whether you want to create a business website, personal website or any type of website, this guide helps you to build your website from scratch very easily. You don’t have to be a technical person or write a single line of HTML code to design your website. All you need to do is to follow these simple to use steps we described in this guide and make a beautiful website for business or other purposes.
How to Make a Website in Nigeria – A Simple Step By Step Guide