Adding a Vacation Reply to Email
Vacation Reply is a feature that allows you to send an auto-reply to anyone who emails you while you are absent, on vacation, or unwilling or unable to check your email for some time.
This is especially important when the sender of such emails require urgent attention and needs your quick response but does not know that you won’t see the message on time.
How to Add a Vacation Reply:
- Select Settings from the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Locate the Vacation responder section below.
- Choose the date you want the vacation reply to start from the First day. You may also choose a Last day.
- Supply the desired subject and message.
- Make other choices or leave them as they are.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: Professional, your Vacation Reply should usually contain the date you plan to return and your contact information while you are out of town. It may also contain the contact information of a coworker who can attend to request, while you are away from your desk.
As soon as you resume from vacation, you should click End now, a bar at the top of the Gmail window showing your message.