Delete Yahoo Account
Yahoo, the world’s foremost Free Email Service provider had a heavy hacking attack, not too long ago. This attacks resulted into major scandals and compromises on many user’s accounts resulting to losses and the rest. It is estimated that about 500 million users worldwide were hit in huge hack that happened sometime ago.
For Yahoo Mail users like myself, you might want to delete it after revelations the tech giant created a tool for the US government to scan through people’s private messages. These did not go down well with tech communities, with many people advocating total closure of all accounts by Yahoo users and move to another service, to teach them a lesson they will never forget.
In this step by step guide, we present you basic important steps to deleting and closing your yahoo mail account.
Why Would You Want to Close Your Yahoo Mail Account
Some of the reasons why you may want close your email account may include:
- Constant receipt of spam emails
- Serious Security breach in your email account.
- Exposure to serious harm
- Availability of perceived better email service.
How To Close/ Delete Yahoo Account?
Remember that once you close your Yahoo account, you will loose what ever messages, files and lots of other information. So before you do these steps, make sure that you done a back up your messages, files and lots of other information.
To close your Yahoo mail email account go through the following steps,
- Log in to your Yahoo! account.
- Select the ‘Account Termination’ link. This can be located on the ‘Help’ link at the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Click on ‘My Account’ at the bottom of that help page.
- Select ‘Register or delete account’ and Click ‘closing your Yahoo account’
- Click into the ‘account termination’ link in the middle of the page.
- Supply your login information again. This will help prevent accounts from being deleted if they’re left open somewhere.
- Confirm the prompt “Account notification termination”. Note that deleting your Yahoo account will not allow you access to all Yahoo services including Yahoo Mail, Flickr, contacts and more.
- To confirm your Deletion,you must Enter your password. Fill out the CAPTCHA to prove you’re a human. Click ‘yes’ to delete the account.
NOTE: Your account details will be saved by Yahoo! for about 90 days but your deletion process is not reversible.
Popular Search Keywords for How to Delete Yahoo Account
The following are some of the popular keywords for Yahoo account deletion.
terminating your yahoo account
how to delete yahoo account permanently
how to delete yahoo email account permanently
edit yahoo com config delete_user
edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user at address bar
delete yahoo mail account
delete yahoo account link
In conclusion, deleting your yahoo mail account is not a difficult task but you must be sure that you have all your important messages and files backed up so that you don’t have to tell stories that touch the heart later.