Gmail Sign In
Google email like we discussed in the previous tutorial is provided by Google, and it is one of the largest email service providers. With an email account Google help us to keep records of our sign ups, email messages, our contacts, our connections, who we are, what we watch, our meetings & engagements, our interests, who our friends are, what our friends do etc.
Now, as soon as you Open or Sign Up for a Gmail account, you are signed in automatically. But from time to time, you will have need to Login and Log out of your Gmail account from different systems or device or when you’re are through with your task. Login Out or Signing out is what you have to do, for security purposes, especially if you are using a public computer.
How to Sign in:
- At the address bar of your browser, type www.gmail.com. Hit “enter” key and Google opens the Google account login page.
- Supply your user name (your email address) and password.
- Click Sign in.
How to Sign out:
- At the top-right side of your Gmail page, find that circle with your First Name (if you’ve already selected an avatar image, it will show the image instead).
- Click the circle.
- Click Sign out.
Related: How to Sign Up for a Gmail Account
How to Access Your GMail Settings:
Gmail allows you to make changes to its look and feel or behaviour. You can make the following settings:
- Create an Email Signature or Vacation Reply or Out-of-Office Reply.
- Edit your labels, or change the theme. These adjustments can be made from your mail settings.
To Access and Adjust Settings,
- Select the Gear icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Then click Settings. The settings window is displayed.
- You are permitted to make necessary changes to the settings as you may desire, from the categories listed at the top. Such settings include Creating an Email Signature or Vacation Reply or Out-of-Office Reply, Edit your labels, or change the theme.
Related: Auto-Forwarding Gmails to An Alternate Email account | How To Forward Gmails To A Secondary Email Account
How to add a new contact:
- In the Gmail drop-down menu just by the left hand side, click Contacts.
- The contacts screen of your Gmail account will appear.
- Click Add new contact.
- Supply the contact’s name or email address.
- Click Create to add the contact.
To edit a contact:
- Select Contact, at the Gmail drop-down menu.
- Select the name of the contact you want to edit.
- Make your changes.
Note: Gmail automatically adds to your contact list, the email address of anyone you send an email to. Afterwards, you can go to settings and edit the person’s information as needed.
Importing mail and contacts
Gmail also gives you the opportunity to import your contacts from other email accounts such as Yahoo!, Hotmail and AOL. Not only that, you are able to email messages from those other accounts.
How to Include Other Accounts
- Select the gear icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Then select Settings.
- Click Add a POP3 mail account that belongs to you.
- Follow the instructions displayed to import your mails.
In conclusion, it is important that you understand these processes of accessing, managing and maintaining your Gmail account so that that you can become more productive.